Thursday 19 December 2013

Warm Wishes !

Hello friends,
 A quick post here to share a card I made inspired by the ongoing challenge at Casology # 75- Knit, and here's my take on it:





The ladies of my house are brilliant at knitting but unfortunately, I am not :P. So didn't show actual knitting in my card. lol 
For making it, I hand drew the basket on another piece of cardstock, coloured it using distress inks and fussy cut it. The little yarn balls are made by cutting out little circles from a sturdy card stock and wrapping it with the yarn to make it look like a yarn ball. I didn't have coloured yarn with me, so I coloured them using memento and distress inks. Have used toothpicks for knitting needles. Finally, before sticking them on the card base, inked the base area with memento dandelion to add a litle 'warmth' to the detail. The sentiment is hand written. 

P.S.-Sorry for the bad picture quality,  sadly my home is devoid of proper sunlight during winters.

Also linking it to keep it simple-warm
365 cards-recycled( I have recycled the yarn and the toothpicks)

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your sweet comments. :)

26 comments:

  1. jasleen super cute awesome card !!! :)you are brilliant how you get these ideas ?... love the way you placed the yarn.... sooo cute..surely this is a winning entry..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Radhika for your heartfelt comments always :)

      Delete
  2. such a cute card, Jasleen! clever ideas here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I love the texture of this card - yet it remains CAS - well done! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ardyth. It was fun playing along :)

      Delete
  4. SUPER cute, I love the little itsy bitsy knitting balls!

    Thanks for joining us and entering this awesome card to the CASology Gallery and having fun with us this week! I hope I will be seeing you again at CASology!
    Till then, Happy Holidays Jasleen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberley. Yes, I love casology and you will see me play again and again. Happy holidays to you too :)

      Delete
  5. it was such a brilliant idea, was wondering how would a round ball will fit over there. Cute card jas

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute execution on very clever idea of using the challenge cue word...grt!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jasleen, this is super cute and wonderfully CAS! I love the shine coming from behind the basket of yarn...great textures, very clever design! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Judy. It was fun playing along :)

      Delete
  8. I could actually feel the warmth jasleen :) ! I loved your take on casology challenge .The yarn balls look so cute ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness Jasleen! What an Awesome card!!! The basket with yarns are so Adorable!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! Oh my! Oh my! I'm speechless! Wow! So glad you joined us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeek! This is SO cute, Jasleen! I LOVE those little yarn balls and the toothpicks...absolute genius! :)
    Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card, Jasleen!! Loved the yarn balls and basket!! you are sooooo creative!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear. :) I notice you have been missing from the blog world and haven't posted anything new. Waiting to see your next creation Ayushi.:)

      Delete
  13. Wow! Congrats Jasleen! You made it at CASology.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job recycling the pieces. Lovely card. Thanks for playing at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit. I love to read your comments on my work :)