Friday 28 March 2014

Thank You

Hello friends,
Can't believe how fast the week has flown by and it's friday already. Weekends are the most awaited time for my family, when DH and DD are at home and it's the time when we just put our feet up and let our hair down :)
And now onto my card:


This card is inspired by a very versatile sketch by Sam Simpson at Cas(e) this sketch#70Addicted to CAS- Luck and CASology-Lucky.






I struggled with this week's cue card 'Lucky' or 'Luck' and googled about it when I came to know about St. Patrick's Day which is an important day in Ireland and is also observed in many other countries. I also came across the images of three-petaled clover leaf  which is believed to be symbolic of good luck. Well, so I wanted to include that into my card(in a subtle way).

For making this one, I sponged some distress inks(tumbled glass, salty ocean, faded jeans, mowed lawn) by masking the portions some paper with torn edges.I loved the outcome torn edges give on inking. The birds and the clover leaf petals are all hand-drawn and fuzzy cut and then popped over the card base using foam dots. Sentiment is from Inkadinkado-floral delight stamp set.

This card is dedicated to my family and friends who have stayed with me and supported me through thick and thin. Just want to thank you and let you know how LUCKY I am to have you all in my life :)

Thank you so much for your encouraging words on my work always. 
Have a great day!!

31 comments:

  1. Lovely card Jasleen ! I loved the bg and your interpretation of "Lucky",the birds are cute !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card...Totally love it, Jas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card! I love the colours and your beautiful little birds! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb awesome card jasleen !! love it soo much what an idea of birds n clover leaf ..you are just amazing..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, sweet inking -AMAZING creativity as always!!! Thanks so joining us at CASology this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is as cute as can be, Jasleen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative card. Love your watercolored background! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable, Jasleen! A sweet image for showcasing your lucky clover! Great background coloring, too!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a sweet little scene especially with the bird entering the square.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card jasleen... nice interpretation and excellent delivery of ur ideas. look the background

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this idea, such a creative make.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice card!!! love the little birds and background is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jasleen, what a pretty take on the cue word this week! I love the white clover and the pretty hand-cut birds...so lovely! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute card design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clever. Love how you used the distress inks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous take on all the challenges, Jasleen! Love your background and those sweet little birds. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, this is so sweet & lovely! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a clever card Jasleen, love the gorgeous colours in your background and your little handmade birds are adorable, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. So so cute. Love the inked masked background! !! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh..SO VERY CUTE Jasleen!!! I really love those adorable birds. Fabulous take :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful CAS card.I love CAS card especially when they are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is lovely! I missed it :) very well deserved win at ATCAS !!

    ReplyDelete
  23. stepping into my blogger account after a bit of time... congrats for making to the top 3... cas queen :P

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning & I love the watercolour background. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  25. YAY! Congratulations on the Top Three honor, Jasleen! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on your top 3 at ATCAS. I love this card so much.. :D :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit. I love to read your comments on my work :)