Friday 5 December 2014

Fun With Distress Inks

Hi There!

I played with my distress inks this afternoon. I just love the versatility of these inks. The more I use them, the more they surprise me with their results. One of the uses of the distress inks is making  scenes with the help of sponge daubers or/and ink blending tools. I tried my hand at creating an autumn scene inspired by a real photograph I found on the internet.

Here's my card:




And here's the picture it got inspired from:


The Tim Holtz distress inks used here are- Mowed lawn, tumbled glass, salty ocean, fired brick and spiced marmalade. Have also used a couple of memento inks-dandelion and tuxedo black. Added a few splatters of watered down inks using a paint brush.
Sorry, I don't have the step-by-step pictures of the process because it was just meant to be a trial and I had no idea how it would turn out to be. But after it's completion, I'm quite satisfied with the way it looks.

The tree trunk and the smaller tree-silhouttes are hand-drawn using a black marker. The leaves that appear to be blown outside the framed scene are stamped(hero arts leaves stamp set), fussy cut and coloured with distress inks.



So, that's all about this card. Do let me know what your views are. :)

Linking it to the following challenges:
1. CAS(E) this sketch#102

2. Virginia's view challenge--All things distressed

3. Casology#124-- Old ( Well, I have used distress inks here, and 'distressed' means 'old', so with that logic, I hope that counts)
4. Addicted to stamps and more#124--- CAS

31 comments:

  1. Wow!! Super card Jasleen..love the way you inspired from the picture and made the card..You have created such a beautiful scene playing with distress inks.. love it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome inking n sponging Jasleen ! The scene looks like real photograph , loved it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! This just has to be a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and great inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh Jasleen! This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! This is a stunning scene, and you have creatively created it all by hand. Amazing sponging and inking!! I am in awe. You truly are amazing and versatile. I absolutely LOVE this card!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning card Jasleen! I love how you have created this, absolutely gorgeous, the leaves which come out of the frame are picture perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Card Jasleen...Loved it..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Невероятно красиво!! Потрясающе!

    ReplyDelete
  9. An absolutey beautiful design Jasleen!
    So glad our sketch inspired you to play along at CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card! Gorgeous inking and colours and your leaves are beautiful. Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous Jasleen! Wow! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply amazing! There's no other word for it!! Great card Jasleen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, WOW! This is just stunning . . . i'm lost for words at how amazing this is! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, wow, this is gorgeous! Fabulous take on the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning work of art, Jasleen! I'm in awe at how beautifully you've translated the inspiration scene into a card. Thank you for sharing this gem in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my!!! You totally blown me away with your stunning card! You created the most beautiful scene using distress inks! Well done, Jasleen! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology and hope to see you again. May

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card! Your inking is wonderful! Thank you for sharing at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  18. GASP! Jasleen, this is glorious! Unbelievably beautiful!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow!!! the scenery is so beautiful... looks very real...
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, wow, this is so beautiful! Love the bold, vibrant colours! So glad you joined us at the Muse DT Call!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beyond gorgeous, Jasleen! You are so so talented! the colors and layout & coloring skills... just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  22. stunning card! I love my Distress inks...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Incredible work :) That's jaw dropping beautiful Jasleen !

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG!! This is stunning!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful work, Jasleen! Congratulations on your win at ATSM. I look forward to hearing from you. Your blog is lovely with all your fabulous creations. xx Kathryne

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow it's totally stunning Jasleen - a real eye catcher for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous scenery and amazing use of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  28. My goodness, this is pretty. What atop-notch card. Everything about it comes together so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I saw this over at the gallery for the online card class and had to pop over for a closer look, amazing job :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit. I love to read your comments on my work :)